September 2, 2010

Think Thin Thursday

Welcome to week 2 of Think Thin Thursday - my desperate attempt at staying motivated to keep up a healthy lifestyle. Join in, if you'd like...the more the merrier!

So, about hot yoga. Anyone out there tried it?

I have.

It's yoga. And it's HOLY SHIT hot.

I am not a yoga person. I'm not zen. I'm not calm. I have issues with quiet.
I work out best when someone is yelling at me, not speaking softly. I need fast-paced music pumping through my iPod. Sounds of water trickling tranquilly down a faux rock wall? Um, no.


And then I went to the Bikram Yoga studio in The Woodlands. Can we say "ass kicking?"

ASS KICKING.


Seriously, y'all, I have never worked harder. There were moments during that 50 minute session that I literally thought I was going to pass out. For all you yoga enthusiasts out there, hear me when I say this - FUCK you, Camel.

I was sweating more than I ever have in my life, and I am SUCH a sweater (TMI?). Did you know your shins can sweat? If you've never done it before, you are sure to think this next sentence is a complete exaggeration, but you guys it looked like someone was just pouring a continual stream of water over my head, there was that much sweat running off me. And yeah - everyone else looked exactly the same.


I've done it a few times since and OMG I love it. Like I said, I'm not quiet. This forces me to be. I am concentrating so hard on making my body contort to the poses, I can't think or worry about anything else. Shitty work day? Problems with money? Car trouble? For 50 minutes, it's all gone. It's wonderful.

I feel stronger after the class. I am sore in such weird places the next day, but it is such a fulfilling soreness. I know I worked for it and I know my body is better for it.


Try hot yoga! Come back and tell me what you thought. I bet you cuss me for the first few minutes, but trust me - it's worth it.

Happy Thursday, loves.
To anyone on the East Coast, prayers to you through the next few days while the hurricanes blow through!

photos via

1 comment:

bananas. said...

i refuse to do it for a number of reasons. here's two...

1. it's trendy. any trendy exercise gets old to me...hey just like most trends!

2. sweaty people smell and from what it sounds like you sweat a lot.

but you go girl!!! i'll sit back and watch while i indulge in my biscotti and latte. haha!

have a good weekend lovey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...