August 5, 2010

If this isn't the biggest bag-over-the-head, punch-in-the-face I ever got...

"You may be considering how to avoid the pressure of work today, but unfortunately, you cannot just slip away on a whim. Even if you try to escape into your past, thinking about your parents or your childhood won't likely offer you the solace you seek. Your thoughts keep returning to the present moment and what you are currently lacking. There's no need to force a change; just let your thoughts wander back and forth between the past and present until they settle down."

That was my horoscope today. If you're looking at that going "what the...?" well friends, you're not alone.

Look, I get that horoscopes are kind of what you interpret them to be. "Great fortune will be bestowed upon you today," can mean a number of different things depending on who reads it. Me? I am more of a literal interpretation type of girl. I'll admit to having my head in the clouds on the regular, but when it comes to horoscopes/fortunes, just spell it out. Should I buy a lotto ticket today? Say that - don't give me some speculative bullshit about how "there are good things on the horizon," and "all that is coming to you will come in due time."

And yeah yeah, cracking open a fortune cookie and reading the words, "PUT $100 ON RED," is cheating and no one gets their hand held through life like that and lessons and interpretation and growth and blah blah blah...

Basically, this horoscope pissed me off for no real reason.

I appreciate a certain level of cynicism in the blogs that I read, but this overwhelming urge to F-this! and F-that! in every post I write is starting to annoy even ME. Maybe it's the awful work week I've had. Maybe it's the fact that I went to bed last night fully realizing it was Wednesday only to wake up this morning completely and totally convinced it was Friday (RAGE! when I realized my mistake), but I have been in a moooood. I am cranky, y'all. Maybe I need to hibernate for a few days and just let it run out.

Advice on how to recharge one's Chi (or whatever) is welcome!

1 comment:

bananas. said...

i like cynicism...and bitching. i do it all the time. don't be annoyed with yourself...it'll pass and you'll throw a couple happy posts in the mix. just remember...too much happy gets annoying. i'm just sayin...

you blog is hella pink, in a good way...and yes i just said hella. i'm from california :)

have a fabulous weekend darling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...