August 22, 2008

And I thought I had a good idea

For the last few years, SK and I have been saying that should we ever get so fed up with our jobs that we just can't stand it anymore, we're going to start up a little business selling turkey legs to people floating on the river.

Can't you just see it?

You're floating in your tube, drinking a cold beer, hanging out with friends and you realize you're missing something. Suddenly, you round a corner and BAM! There we are, standing on the bank of the river with a big ol' hunk of meat on a stick, waiting for YOU.

It's genius, really.

The only flaw (or maybe not...) in the plan is that the river is generally empty for 4 to 5 months out of the year, and while selling the turkey legs might be profitable, I really don't see us getting rich from doing it and therefore we might end up homeless in the winter months.

But then I saw these videos and realized that yes, I could find something to do to keep me busy during the cold months in Texas. Granted, I have no idea how much, if any, money these guys made doing this, but I how can you be sad with LEGOs and cards?

Go here for LEGOs

Go here for cards

Is it just me, or does anyone else wanna set up a big ass box fan right in front of the card-city Beijing?

(via geekologie)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I have been tubing (toobing?) many times and would totally buy a turkey leg from you.

Party of 5 said...

Chef would love you forever if he found you near the water selling turkey legs while he was fishing. I am DEAD serious. LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...