October 27, 2009

Twinkle Twinkle

I am so in love with twinkle lights, it's ridiculous. My love affair with the glowing bulbs started back in college, when all the girls on campus tried desperately to make their dorm rooms cute and awesome with posters and hanging stuff and pictures and lights, while all the guys just sort of, kind of, but not really because they were gross and didn't care too much, tried to make their rooms not smell like sweat and fart.

My roommates, luckily, were equally as down with the sparkle, and so twinkly lights we did have, and oh, how they made my heart sing. Though I have graduated from college and dorm/apartment days, I have migrated this cheap decorating idea to my actual house and still L-O-V-E it. I have woven a strand of white lights through our wine cabinet so that it makes our bottles and glasses shine (we illuminate our booze!), we have strands of lights in the backyard along the fence, and we used to have lights up under our patio umbrella until the day the wind howled at like, 84 bagillion miles an hour while we were at church (woah) and shattered our table and bent up said umbrella.

Christmas light time is a'comin' and though I am more of an old school, big colored bulbs lining the eaves of the house gal, I do love to see all the pretty lights around. Here are a few projects I am working or would like to be working on, and some lights that make me happy happy...


I totally want to re-create this FABULOUS idea from Tasha at Charmed. Seriously, that is gorgeous and what an awesome idea!! We have a HUGE master bedroom that we haven't touched since we moved in and I am itching to paint and get some stuff up on the walls. Love this.



I saw this on Apartment Therapy (I have a house, I know, but it's such a cool site!) and immediately went out and bought a canvas that I have yet to do anything with, but I can soooo imagine it propped up on the table in my entry way. Si, si....



GAH! LOVE this photo.



Twinkle lights even make bare sticky sticks bee-yoo-ti-ful.

Last night, SK was flipping through channels and put this on for me. My granddad's name was Charlie Brown (legitimately, y'all) so all these movies/comics will forever hold a little piece of my heart, and instantly warm me up when I watch.


Have you ever seriously listened to the dialogue in this movie, though? I guess I hadn't, and while watching and laughing last night, I frequently would catch myself thinking, 'Dang, some of these kids are kind of assholes.'

Lucy Van Pelt: All right, all right! Let's bob for apples! This is the way to do it.
Schroeder: Yeah, Lucy, you should be good at this. You have the perfect mouth for it.

Charlie Brown: Hey! I got an invitation to a Halloween party!
Lucy Van Pelt: Is the invitation to Violet's party, Charlie Brown?
Charlie Brown: Yes. It's the first time I've been invited to a party.
Lucy Van Pelt: Charlie Brown, if you got an invitation, it was a mistake. There were two lists, Charlie Brown: one to invite, and one not to invite. You must have been put on the wrong list.


And some of them were just totally awesome.

Linus: You don't believe the story of the Great Pumpkin? I thought little girls always believed everything that was told to them. I thought little girls were innocent and trusting.
Sally Brown: Welcome to the 20th century!


Photo sources here, here, and here.

1 comment:

Summer said...

I want twinkling lights now!!!!

And Charlie Brown??? Seriously....so mean. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...