October 3, 2011

When you scan the radio I hope this song will guide you home...

So this past weekend was full of all kinds of fun events, which I of course have no photos of because even with a sweet new camera I am picture-challanged.  Saul is just beyond thrilled to have spent that money on me and my fickle habit, I'm sure...

Friday night was spent with the madre, going out for early drinks and appetizers downtown, followed by "Giselle," at the Wortham theater.  I love the ballet.  I danced when I was younger and while I was never close to prima-ballerina status, it will always hold a special place in my heart.  I really enjoy watching stuff (sports, dance, competitions) that we all know is just crazy hard, but the performers/contestants make it look stupid simple.  Ballet is so physically demanding, but they all just make it look as easy as breathing.  We had killer seats and had a really good time.  We have tickets to 3 more ballets over the next 8 months, and I am pretty stoked.  So is Saul, because one of the 3 ballets is the Nutcracker, and since I am going with my mom, he knows he won't get roped into going this year.

Saturday was kicked off with an early morning 5K.  Bestie Chandra and I ran for boobies!  Each year I run in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, supporting Breast Cancer.  It's a great run - pretty course, good cause, and TONS of people.  My grandmother and aunt are both breast cancer survivors, so I run in celebration of them, and with the hope that someday, some brilliant person will find a cure for this shitty disease.  There were some really funny t-shirts displaying team names (May the Cure be with you, Bad Mammary Jammas, Save a Titty - Run the City!), but my favorite shirt just said "FUCK CANCER."  It was super inappropriate, as the run is totally advertised as family-friendly, but i really just wanted to go high-five the dude.

The race was followed by breakfast at Onion Creek.  I seriously love that place so much.  I had the breakfast flatbread pizza, which was flatbread covered with pesto, mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, bacon and an over-easy egg.  YUM.  Everything is amazing, but the frozen mimosas are really what seal the deal.  I could drink those bad boys all day long.

Sadly, I could not, as I had to book it back up to the north side to get ready for baby cousin's bridal shower!  She's getting married on Saturday (her 22nd bday, incidentally) and I am a bridesmaid.  I am the oldest bridesmaid by like, almost 7 years, since pretty much all her friends are still in college.  Womp womp.  It's kind of refreshing, though, to see her wedding through the eyes of a bunch of girls who have never been in one before, seeing as how I have been in like, 10, not counting MY OWN.  They're all so excited (not to say, I'm not...I just approach these things as a veteran, y'know?), and I try not to laugh at the questions they ask me - "Does she need a corsage at her shower?  The websites all say she needs a corsage at her shower!!" - and I am doing what I can to guide her Maid of Honor through planning the pre-events without steam-rolling her because I could basically do all this shit with my hands tied behind my back at this point.  The wedding will be beautiful and I can't wait to see my little cousin in a wedding dress.  I changed the chick's diapers, I've held her hair back, and now I'll stand with her at her wedding.  How very circle-of-life-ish ;)

Family starts getting into town on Wednesday, and we'll have a full house this weekend, so yesterday was spent cleaning.  Also, I made banana bread with the suuuuper ripe (read - almost black) bananas in the fruit bowl and I am going to brag for a minute and tell you all that that shit was FUCKING PHENOMENAL.  I don't bake.  I don't have the patience for it - all the measuring and following the recipe...I much prefer to wing it in the kitchen and adjust based on personal preference.  But follow a recipe I did, and for my first ever loaf of bread, it was a winner.

What was an epic FAIL, however, was leaving the loaf of bread on the counter within reach of my asshole, banana bread-loving dog.

Bella ate the shit out of that bread, y'all.

Glad someone enjoyed it.

Happy Monday!  
It's October already?  WTF.

2 comments:

drollgirl said...

lol! you are so funny!

ran for boobies? your DOG ate the banana bread?!?!? that sucks ass! but it made me laugh!

Jax said...

lol I love banana bread! I'm sure your pooch is very happy :)

You're too funny. I love your writing style. I'll be following!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...