October 8, 2007

One Day Late

Yesterday, October 8, my cousin Elizabeth turned 18. She lives in Virginia and is a freshman at Christopher Newport University. The fact that she is turning 18 makes me feel very freaking old.

Elizabeth--18 years ago I held you when you came home from the hospital and then got my first real anatomy lesson when I asked your mom and mine where babies came from. We've been through some fun times (Thanksgivings/Christmases/Lake McQueeney days) and some not so fun times (the great SIMS incident of 2001) in the past almost 2 decades. I've babysat you, changed a diaper or two of yours and even dropped you once when you were 1...sorry. You've been the little sister I never wanted ;) and the friend I've been lucky to have. I am so glad to have you in my life.

Happy birthday, cousin!! I love and miss you. Drink a beer for me...in 3 years when you turn 21.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...