February 20, 2010

NAILed it

I'm not a girly-girl. Meaning, I don't put a lot of emphasis on, what I consider to be, indulgent maintenance. I am hygienic, for sure (don't freak out), but I have never really been into waxing, or highlighting, or spending more than $15 on a haircut. For a solid 5 years, though, I got my nails done every 2 weeks, like freaking clockwork. I wore - cringe - acrylic tips forEVER. Why I was obsessed and thought this was like, THE BEST IDEA, I will never know. Possibly because I was a big-time nail biter in my younger years. Possibly because I thought it made me look classy...? Whatever the reason, I spent $30 twice a month for someone else to sand down and destroy my natural nails. Do you know how much money that is?? I just barfed thinking about it.

I took the impostor nails off a few years ago and have concentrated on nursing my natural nails back to health. I've gotten really into painting them (myself...I can't bring myself to go into a nail salon to have them done, for fear I might cave and get THE TIPS put back on) and I love to experiment with different colors, based on my mood and the season. Today, they are a pale pink, but tomorrow, who knows?

I am loving these looks:

~ooohhh....starbucks...~

~bling bling~

How do you wear your nails? Do they change daily? Are you an acrylic gal, like I used to be?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...