February 16, 2010

It's been a while...



Hello, lovies. It's been a while - a looooong while - since I have posted anything of substance on this thang. Life has officially gotten in the way.

Between wedding planning, work and WORKING OUT (Jillian Michaels, you are an evil hag and I love to hate you) SK and I haven't had much time for anything else and, woo-hoo, was it starting to take it's toll. So this past weekend we didn't do much; stayed indoors and recharged. It was necessary.

February 9th marked 4 years together for me and the Husband-To-Be, so we celebrated with a downtown date on Friday night. Ya'll, this is A BIG DEAL. We rarely venture downtown anymore - more because the 40-minute drive home is kind of perilous and irresponsible after a few drinks, and less because we're boring and so so so suburban now...or at least, that's what I tell myself.

We went to an awesome restaurant in the Heights called Shade (<--- check it out!!). The website says it's new, but it's been around for at least 4 years. It's where I took SK for his bday dinner the first year we were dating and HOO-BOY, let me just tell you how good that sucker had it even 3 weeks in because it was a restaurant we found by walking around his neighborhood and holy smokes was that place pricey for a gal with minimal income and a teeny-tiny credit limit. Really, the place isn't anymore expensive than a Babin's, but when I was just 6 months into my first real job ever, working on paying off debt I had racked up in college and putting money into a car I didn't take care of like I should have, I really had no business being in a place like that. It worked though - 4 years later and he's gonna marry me ;)

Aaaaanyway...dinner at Shade was uh-mazing, as usual, and then we went out to a bar to meet up with some friends who were in town for the weekend. I drank a liiittle too much and was definitely feeling it the next day.

The rest of our weekend was full of a little more of this:


and some of this:

...and this:


...aaaand this:

***So we TOTALLY fell off the wagon this weekend...I get it. But oh man, it was sooo good!***

Also, the weekend included some of this:

Some planning for this:

And a whole lot of this:

***What? You don't clean in booty shorts and stilettos? You're doing it wrong***

The wedding is only 10 weeks away (HOLY SHIT) and we still have a lot of stuff to do, which at times, stresses us both out, but overall it's been fun and easy and smooth. I am trying to keep this from becoming an in-your-face I'M GETTING MARRIED blog, but really, I don't have much time for anything else right now, so I'm about to get all up in your face! Forgive me. And if you're not interested, come back after May 1 of this year, because it's going to be all kinds of weddi-fied over here until then!

Coming tomorrow - the proposal, as told by SK himself ;) Get excited!

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Glad to see you're "back!" (Not that I can talk...) So great to hear what is going on, and I cannot wait to hear more about the fun wedding planning, the shower (that you dont want?), and all the excitement of the party. I loved the proposal, and think it would be cool to also hear the story in your perspective. :)

Fun times!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...