December 18, 2009

Oh, the Who-manity!

I have had issues getting into the Christmas spirit this year. Maybe because the weather has been so crappy in Houston (although, it did SNOW!), or maybe because SK and I have been so busy, we haven't really decorated the inside of the house, and finally just got our tree last Friday... Whatever the reason, I have just been kind of BLAH.

I realized I was really in a weird place last night when, while listening to a woman who called into the radio station talking to the DJ about how this is the first Christmas she is experiencing without her mom and how tough it is for her, I started bawling in my car. I was sobbing down Beltway 8. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

Today, though, the sun is out. Both SK and I have holiday parties for work tonight. It's Friday. My little brother comes home next week, and the rest of the Texas family will follow a few days later. We only have 12 days left until we go on our spectacular vacation.

I am determined to break out of this funk. Today is the day I stop worrying and stressing and being depressed about all the crap that doesn't matter. I am going to enjoy the sunshine streaming through my office window, and an evening out with my handsome man. It's about time it started looking more like Christmas!







All photos from this Flickr group

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I know exactly how you feel. I hope the feelings of Christmas hit you like a ton of bricks this weekend...figuratively, not literally, of course. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...