December 23, 2009

It's the day before the night before Christmas!

Apparently, as a child, I sang. A lot. I don't sing now because I know better, but when I was little I sang EVERYTHING. I made up songs in the grocery store, I sang my ideal itinerary for the day, and yes, ladies and gentlemen, I even once tried to sing the Pledge of Allegiance while standing on my grandmother's hearth. Did I mention I was also dressed like a mini-Magnum PI, complete with tiny white shorts and red hawaiian-print shirt? Because I was.

So when my mom walked into the bathroom one December 23rd MANY MANY years ago, and I was singing while showering (what? bathrooms have the BEST acoustics...don't hate), she wasn't surprised at all. She did, however, totally dig what I was belting out...

"It's the DAY before the NIGHT before Christmaaaaaas!!!"

Now, every year on December 23rd, I get texts from family and close friends with that awesome reminder of my past. The calls in the high falsetto, singing it back to me, really make my day.

It's 9:32am and I have already been hit twice. This is going to be a great day.

~*~

In other, not as awesome news, our fabulous vacation is 7 days away and I am so excited I can't think about anything else. Until I see news stories like this:

Plane overruns runway in Jamaica

1 comment:

Sorrelle said...

I call it Christmas Eve Eve

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...